Sunday 13 May 2012

Photoshop 2 Dogs Together

Today I used Photoshop to create the images i had planned in my sketchbook of mixing dogs up.

The first image I created was using two images of dogs off of the internet printed out then cut and stick them together in my sketchbook. I used the head of a boxer dog onto the body of a beagle with the head too big for the body. I think the image looks effective but would be better if two different coloured dogs were used to show more of a clear split.

I then used Photoshop to create my next image which used the head of a Great Dane and the tail of a grey hound. I think that as a piece of imagery it works well because of the difference in colour between the two dogs. I also think that the idea of a split personality works well because of the two halves. I think if I was to use this image as a final design for the jigsaw then I would need to remove the background or make it less dominant in the image.

The main reason I had added grass to the image was because the original photos of the dogs had grass on them and I couldn't Photoshop around the feet of the dog without the grass in the image so I tried to hide it by adding grass behind the image, if I were to use this as my final piece with white behind the image then I would need to use different dogs that were all in the image and didn't have the feet missing in grass.


The third image I produced was using the idea of a kind dog with nasty features so I used a Sheltie as the main dog and added boxer eyes and a spaniel nose to the dog. I think the image looks effective but wouldn't be obvious to someone who didn't know dogs and how the look. I think the image works well in having a split personality because it gives the dog features of two other dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment