Monday 14 May 2012

Dog Drawings

Today I decided to trace over the images I already had created using Photoshop so that I had a wide range of drawings and so that my work would become more visual in black and white rather than photos. I think the idea works better for a split personality when it has been drawn because certain features can be added to the image. Using these images would work well in my final idea because it would add a wide range of imagery to my exhibition and wouldn't be just photos.


This was the trace of the image I created the other day of the beagle and boxer. I think the idea works well but there isn't an obvious split between the images and I think that the idea of split personality needs to be clearer.


These images I think work better with the two halves of the body clearly split. I have used dogs that are opposites in their personality and opposites in how they look too so that the split was more obvious. The left hand images were using the idea of the front half of the body being one dog and the back half of the body being two halves which I think is effective because the split is clear. The right hand images show the idea of just swapping the head of the dogs which i think works better because the line of where the personality splits is more obvious.




These two images use a continuous line which I think works well for the idea of split personality because it shows a messy side to the dogs. I think the drawings would work better as imagery for a jigsaw because they are more artistic and not to photos chopped together.

No comments:

Post a Comment