Thursday 5 April 2012

Experimental Workshop

Today we did a workshop for experimental drawings which were linked to my theme.
This workshop consisted of 2 minute drawings of glasses. I used grounds to make it more interesting. I used the idea of drawing glasses because glasses can be used to hide behind and this linked in with my Statement of Intent (split personalities).

I think that the scale of the glasses in this image is good because they are zoomed in and only part of them have been focused on. This image was drawn using oil pastels.

This drawing was done using graphite and was a quick 1 minute drawing. I think graphically the image is strong and works well even though the drawing of the glasses isn't strong.

I used stick and ink to draw these glasses. I don't think its as strong as the other images because it isn't as detailed but the ground works really well.

This image has three blind drawings on it using the same pair of glasses but from different perspectives. The idea of using different perspectives works well with my theme of Split Personalities because of different views and sides of the same thing but I don't think it works very well as a graphic image.

No comments:

Post a Comment