Thursday 24 November 2011

Alan Feltcher

The main inspiration I have is Alan Fletcher because I think his work is brilliant even though some pieces are really simple. My favourite pieces are the ones that use words because they usually have a play on words and have more than one meaning which is what makes me really interested in looking at them. I like the fact that his work isn’t just what it is and it can be seen differently by different people.



'Mind over Matter'
From the book 'Beware Wet Paint'
Using Pencil and Watercolour


'Daydreams'
From the Book 'Beware Wet Paint'
Using Pencil


'Play'
From the Book 'The Art of Looking Sideways'
Using Pen and Ink



'A Proverb'
From the book 'The Art of Looking Sideways'
Using the Wrong End of a Dip Pen and Ink



'Beware Wet Paint'
From the Book 'Beware Wet Paint'
Using Ink and Watercolour
Marcel Duchamp used the phrase to remind us that 'It takes time to judge the worth of work'.

No comments:

Post a Comment